Update: May 2019
Parents now have the ability to make payments to the school through eForms, read below to see how you can use this feature.
SkoolBag has partnered with Braintree to provide you with a secure payments service through the SkoolBag app.
What is Braintree?
Braintree is a PayPal service, which enables SkoolBag to provide the option of online payments through eForms. By using this service your school will be able to accept payments online whilst mitigating risk and keeping payment data secure. Learn more about Braintree.
How much does it cost per transaction?
Braintree charges a small fee per transaction in order to facilitate a secure payment service. Details on the fees charged by Braintree can be found here.
1. Create a Braintree Account
If your school does not already have a Braintree account, you’ll need to set one up.
Visit the Braintree website to set up an account.
2. Enter your Braintree details on SkoolBag Admin Console
2.1 Log in to the Admin Console
2.2 Then from the menu choose, eForms > Payment Setup.
2.4 Tap on “Braintree”
2.5 Enter 3 unique credentials into the respective fields on the Payment Setup page:
- Merchant ID
- Public key
- Private key.
You can find this information in your Braintree account under Settings > API.
3. Update payment settings for eForm
Click here for a more detailed explanation on how to create eFroms
At the bottom of the page is a “Payment Type” box. This is where you select what payment options you would like to allow the user to have. You can select Braintree, cash, or either.
- The Braintree option will restrict users to only pay by card.
- The cash option will restrict users to pay in cash. The eForm will submit, and you can use the submission data to process a cash payment with the user offline.
- The ‘either’ option allows your users to choose which of the options they would like to pay with.
4. Ensure community is using the latest version of the SkoolBag App (6.2.0 released in April 2019)
For your community to access the Braintree payment option they will need to be using the latest version of the SkoolBag App.
If you have any questions please contact the Customer Success team by booking in some time for them to walk you through the process by following this link.