This article explains how to use and create Content Categories and Subcategories.
Examples of Content Categories used are - Notices | Events | Newsletters | Contacts Us Information | Links to other important services.
Content Categories can be found your school's profile, see below:
Quick Video on how to create Content Categories:
Creating a new Content Category
01. Log into your BizBag or SportsBag Admin Console
02. Click on > Content Categories on the left-hand side panel of the Admin Console.
03. Click on > Add New Category.
04. Once you click Add New Category you would see the following screen.
05. Category Type: Choose the category type from the drop-down.
- A standard category, you can name this category to a preferred name.
- Allows you to include an existing RSS feed
- Allows you to link to a website/ admin portal or social media page
- Allows you to add an eForm link
- Allows you to create a category with an integrated third-party provider.
06. Change category Icon by clicking on the arrow, you can choose an icon for the new category from the default list of icons.
07. Name your Content Category. (i.e. School Alerts, School Transport Notices, School Holidays)
08. You can choose the Content Category to be visible only on the app. If you have SkoolBag plugin on your website, Choose the Website and App option.
- Website and App
- Website only
- App only
09. Click on > Save to publish the category for app users.
Creating a Subcategory
For example, a Content Category 'Sports' would have different available sports as subcategories, here's how!
Quick video on creating a subcategory:
01. Click on > Content Categories on the left-hand side panel of the Admin Console.
02. Choose the category that you wish to create a subcategory. You can create subcategories for every category apart from eForms and Notices.
03. Click on > Subcategories button
05. Click on > Add New Subcategory button
06. Name the subcategory and click on Save for it to get published.