- What is FAMFO?
FAMFO is a resource with information that connects parents and carers of school-aged children (pre, primary and high) to relevant advice, information, products and services across key areas of everyday life - Health, Happiness and Security.
Here are some examples of FAMFO initiatives:
- Hosting webinars with Australian Government approved experts for parents and carers to attend and discuss how to best protect children from online harassment and bullying when using devices at home.
- Sharing printable kids activity planners so that they can track their physical activity at home.
Visit FAMFO website for more: www.famfo.com.au
- What is the affiliation between FAMFO, the SkoolBag App and Schools using SkoolBag?
In a survey that was distributed to SkoolBag schools, a high number of respondents indicated that they would find a parent content resource valuable. FAMFO is a SkoolBag initiative that provides this content which has been well received by the community. FAMFO is in conversations with Government Departments, Health, Happiness and Security experts and innovative ed-tech companies to bring parents and carers useful content related to the various conversation points in family life.
The SkoolBag app can be used by parents to subscribe/unsubscribe from both schools and services. FAMFO is a content service and app from which users can simply unsubscribe, by clicking Discover > Groups > Add/Remove Groups. FAMFO articles are clearly marked as being from the Discover ‘Service’ rather than from any school(s) that the user has subscribed to. This can be seen from the logo that accompanies the article and also within all FAMFO posts, with content that outlines, “FAMFO is an independent source of content for families and is not a communication from your school(s).”
- Has SkoolBag shared contact details with any third party?
No, SkoolBag has not shared any information with any third party organisations whatsoever. The privacy of your information is important to us. FAMFO is a SkoolBag initiative and all FAMFO content is distributed by SkoolBag only.
- Can schools share FAMFO articles, links or content if they like?
Yes, many schools have been sharing FAMFO resources, which they find useful, with their community. Some schools share FAMFO resources as SkoolBag app posts from their school to the community and others share it to their Facebook page or website.
- Will FAMFO posts conflict with information sent from our school and/or confuse our school community?
FAMFO content sent as posts via SkoolBag are carefully curated. FAMFO takes considerable care to ensure that content is beneficial to the broader SkoolBag community and not in conflict with information that schools would distribute.
- Does FAMFO conform with the Department of Education’s requirements for the type of information that schools can send to parents?
FAMFO provides SkoolBag App users with a source of content which is relevant to families. Given this content is not a communication from any school(s) or on behalf of any school(s), it does not conflict with the Department of Education’s requirements.
- What happened to MUMFO?
Goodbye MUMFO, Hello FAMFO! We've only changed two letters, but this change is reflective of feedback that we've received - feedback that's important to us. Our intention has always been to provide parents and carers with educational, informative and insightful information, and our tagline has always been "What families need to know". So we've adjusted our name to better reflect the values of our tagline. We hope you continue to find value in the content we share.