The article explains how to compose quick entries. Quick entries can be sent out as an email or push notification or as a combined push and email.
01. Log into your Skoolbag admin console
02. Click on > Quick Compose on the left side panel of the admin console.
03. You can send a Quick Compose entry to every user by clicking on > All users.
04.To send the Quick Compose to a specific user click on > Specific Content Group user and select the specific group from the drop-down.
05. On the next drop down select a Content Category
06. On the next drop down add a title or Purpose of the Quick Compose.
07. Compose your message on the Content box (Note: if you are seeing strange characters after pasting text in, read below for troubleshooting)
08. Finally, Preview the Quick Compose and Click on > Send and the following window will pop up on your screen.(Once you click on Send the entry will be published on the app and user will be able to view the message)
- On the above 1st drop down you can choose to send the Quick compose via push or email or as a combined push and email.
- On the 2nd drop down you can choose to send the quick compose immediately or send it later.
Please note that the entry added will be published immediately, only the push notification or email is scheduled for later - in your local timezone:(Australia/Sydney)
Note: Troubleshooting Strange Characters
Sometimes when copying text from another website, file, PDF or other document and then pasting it into any of the Compose Entry fields, it may come across with strange characters. This is because the formatting of the text in your other document is not recognised.
Original Text: The cat sat on the mat.
Pasted Text: The cÂt sÂt o''# the mÂt.
If this happens, please delete your pasted text and type your text in manually, OR use one of the cleaning methods below:
- TextCleanr - This website offers a free service for removing formatting from copied text from any documents (PDF, word files, websites etc)
- Microsoft products - highlight your text in Microsoft Word or other Miscrosoft tools and click on the 'A' button with the pink rubber next to it, in the formatting toolbar (see image below)
- Google products - highlight your text in Gmail or other Google tools and click on the 'Tx' button in the formatting toolbar (see image below)