How to use the Advanced Options when sending a Quick Compose/Sending emails/Adding group content.
01. Log into your Skoolbag admin console
02. Click on > Quick Compose on the left-hand side panel of the Admin Console and you will see the Show Advanced Options at the bottom of your screen.
03. Click on > Show Advanced Options and you will see the following:
- Add attachments or images
- When uploading a file, please make sure that the file name has no 'special' characters like ~!@#$%^&*()_+:"<>?/' in it.
- There is a size restriction of 10MB per file upload (The recommended format is PDF but you could also use XLS, DOC, DOCX)
- Adding images: Click on > Add Images(s) tab.
Click on > Add Image Folder.
Add a name to the folder and click on > Save Folder.
Select the newly Created Folder and Click on > Add Images.
After adding the required images to the folder, click on the images you want in the entry and select > Insert Selected.
- Please ensure to add images in JPEG (also known as JPG) format.
Add eForm, video, map or web link
- Attach eForm: Select an eform from the drop-down list. This will display a "View Form" button on this entry in your app.
- Youtube or Vimeo Link: Copy and paste the link (URL) to a Youtube or Vimeo video in here to display the video.
- Embedded Map: Adding the street address here will embed a map and allow GPS directions.
- Webpage Link: You can attach a web link here (Copy and paste the link (URL).
- Open Webpage Link in App: If you select “Yes” then the web link will open within the Skoolbag app itself and it will not take the user to a separate browser outside of the app.
- Add to calendar
- To add an entry to calendar select Yes from the drop-down.
- You can specify the event start date, end date, select if the event is all day or not, add an event start time, end time and the venue.
- The fields Start Date and Finish Date are mandatory to fill.
Set expiry date
You can set an entry to be automatically removed from the app at a certain date by selecting "Yes" from the drop-down box.
- Set the expiration date on the calendar.
Share & reply options
You can allow users to share the content attached by enabling the share option. In addition, you have the option to receive replies via email or SMS by adding email/phone.
- "Enable Share": By ticking this box you can have your parents/students share this entry on their Facebook/Twitter feeds.
- "Email Reply": Add a reply email address in this field if you wish to receive an email reply to this entry. (RSVP purposes)
- "SMS Reply": Add a mobile phone number to this field if you wish to receive an SMS reply to this entry.