The article explains how to compose quick entries. Quick entries can be sent out as an email or push notification or as a combined push and email. Note: Personal push is no longer available.
01. Log into your Skoolbag admin console
02. Click on > Quick Compose on the left side panel of the admin console.
03. You can send a Quick Compose entry to all users by clicking on > All users (Entry will save in the selected Content Category)
04. To send the Quick Compose to a specific user group click on > Content Groups (Entry will save in the selected Content Group)
05. Compose your message (Note: if you are seeing strange characters after pasting the text into the content box or the text copying over and over, read below for troubleshooting)
06. Additional Option -Please refer the following link for detailed information Additional Option
07. Click on > Send to get send options.
- Push Notification > choose to send the Quick Compose via push or email or as a combined push and email.
- Send now or later? > choose to send the quick compose immediately or schedule the entry for later.
Please note that the entries created will be published immediately for the users to view on their app.
Note: Troubleshooting Strange Characters
Sometimes when copying text from another website, file, PDF or other document and then pasting it into any of the Compose Entry fields, it may come across with strange characters. This is because the formatting of the text in your other document is not recognised.
Original Text: The cat sat on the mat.
Text after saving the entry: The cÂt sÂt o''# the mÂt.
If this happens, please delete your pasted text and type your text in manually, OR use one of the cleaning methods below:
- TextCleanr - This website offers a free service for removing formatting from copied text from any documents (PDF, word files, websites etc)
- Microsoft products - highlight your text in Microsoft Word or other Microsoft tools and click on the 'A' button with the pink rubber next to it, in the formatting toolbar (see image below)
- Google products - highlight your text in Gmail or other Google tools and click on the 'Tx' button in the formatting toolbar (see image below)
- Text pasting into the content box over and over > please use the keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste the text from another source. Ctrl C to Copy and Ctrl V to Paste