How you can add multiple users to the admin console using the user upload tool. This will avoid spending a lot of time adding users to the system individually.
01. Log into your Skoolbag admin console
02. Click on > Users from the navigation bar on the left of the admin console. Then click on Import User(s).
02. Click on > Step 2 - to download the CSV template.
CSV template example below and what data to input.
Column A-C: Enter the new user information.
Column D: Input a password for the user(If you have uploaded a password with your CSV, they will be sent an email containing that password. Otherwise, they will be sent an email asking them to create a new password. Note: Only users that do not currently have an active account will be sent a "create a new password" email.)
Column E-N: These are the groups you have created in Content Groups. You have to put "1" in the row and column corresponding with the user to add them automatically to a specific group.
03. Save the spreadsheet on to your computer and from the "Select a CSV file to import:" section, click on the Choose File button, browse for your saved CSV file and click on Next.
04. Before you import the users, you need to match the columns and choose the import options based on how you're uploading the users.
Column: Please check that your columns line up correctly. For Example, if the column "First Name" is matching to a different column, tap the column name to select a different column from your CSV file.
Optional Column: This is the column where you enter a password on behalf of the user. (This is optional) Note that if users already have an active account with a password, you cannot replace there existing password. Uploading a CSV with existing passwords is intended only for new users or inactive users with no existed passwords.
- How would you like to handle any existing or duplicate records from your import? Update data if you have duplicate users with new information. Ignore if there are no updates required.
- Does the first row of your CSV contain data or should it be ignored? Kepp the selection to "Ignore The First Row"
- Would you also like to invite these users to the app? If the uploading list contains new users, turn this option ON. The users will receive a email to create a account.
05. Click on > Next, to complete the Import.